The Emirates Identity Authority is pursuing a slew of initiatives, hi-tech applications and solutions to reduce energy consumption and conserve the environment, whether through the techniques used in ID card making, or by upgrading and replacing the equipment used in the Emirates ID's centers to minimize energy consumption.
The Emirates ID has made tangible achievements in this connection, reinforcing its trends towards adopting committed practices that preserve the environment. These are listed under the “Green Agenda” initiatives and are summed up as follows:
- Adding an awareness message in all e-mails issued by the Emirates ID’s employees, which is designed to familiarize them with the importance of conserving the environment before issuing a printing order.
- Replacing the old data centre with the newly set up one, taking into account the need to preserve the environment through its “Green Design”, which helps diminish energy consumption.
- Redesigning the infrastructure of electronic systems by adopting the “virtualization” infrastructure for most solutions applicable in the Emirates ID.
- Ceasing to print the documents resulting from the fingerprinting process "registration receipts at registration centers” and contending only with electronic copies.
- Applying the corporate resources management systems and converting most of the paper correspondence and procedures to pure electronic work by automating procedures and dispensing with printouts.
- Participating in the “Earth Hour” activity, saving energy over the recent years and reducing energy consumption.
- Upgrading and replacing the equipment used in Emirates ID's centers to cut energy consumption.